Friday, October 22, 2010
Seven Things Kona
I've been way too slow to post about our first blog award, presented to us by our new blogging friend, Oscar. Kona is quite excited about Oscar because he's a Maltese and she's never met a Maltese before. Even more, Kona likes Oscar because Kona likes chicken. Not too long ago, Oscar and his human rescued some chicken. Kona thinks that no chicken should run away (from her), so she's grateful for Oscar's efforts.
To claim our award, we present you with seven tidbits about Kona:
1) Kona was nameless for quite some time while I tried on different names. The runners up?
*Manzanita (My favorite plant, Kona's color and waaay too many syllables for a dog's name). *Boundy (She didn't run as a puppy, she bounded. Fitting, but not the right ring).
2) Kona has a thing for socks and Bounce sheets. In other words, she likes helping with laundry.
3) She doesn't do nights. At all. Kona sacks out between 5 and 7PM (depending on the season) and does not want to be messed with. She's so pooped that she can't hold her ears up straight, thus her nickname, "Yoda."
4) Kona can't "head shake." (You know, the kill the prey move). She'll try with a stuffie, but her attempts are painfully pitiful.
5) Kona's sensitive to some odd things. If she's around another dog that starts gagging, she flattens her ears and slinks out of the room.
6) Kona never had that awkward puppy look. She was subsequently mistaken as a dachshund many times when she was young. (Still can't figure that one out, but it happened often. "Oh, look at the wiener dog!" Poor girl).
7) Kona loves waking up in the morning. She's so happy to be awake that she doesn't just prance down the hallway, she throws her head back and swings it from side to side.
And that's Kona Dog!
Have a good weekend everyone!