Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Maaaaaaaaah!!

That's my nervous cry. It's less than three days before I'm on a plane, headed to New York. Maaaaaah!! Less than five days before I'm at the start line of the New York City Marathon!

And here's my final plea for donations! I'm oh, so close to my $3500 fundraising goal. As I've mentioned before, I've *promised* to raise this money for LIVESTRONG. The LIVESTRONG brigade will soon be after me, stealing me Triplets of Belleville mafia style, hooking me up to some stationary running contraption to power a video game. (Great movie, BTW, if you need a good evening diversion. Strange, French, cycling humor. Good fun). Anyway, I'm hoping there's someone out there that's thought about donating but hasn't gotten around to it. Please, don't delay. Head over to my fundraising page here. No donation is too small and every dollar helps fund the cancer snubbing services that LIVESTRONG brings to cancer patients around the globe.

Back on the trail, the sky also exploded with enthusiasm this morning.
The eruption of colors matched my energy well as Kona and I headed out for a jog.

Kona was just as lively, taking every opportunity and every inch of leash to dig,
sniff (notice there's nary a clear Kona picture),

climb,
descend.
I tried to slow the crazy pup just enough the take in the new day.

I'm off to look at a map of Manhattan. More race week updates in the next couple days!

13 comments:

Sara said...

Wow, what a great sky!

I am so excited for you. What an experience of a lifetime. Enjoy every minute. Manhattan will provide you with any extra energy you need.

Can't wait to hear all about it!

KB said...

Wow, that snuck up fast! I am very excited for you. We always watch the NY Marathon on TV, because "the Runner" is indeed a runner in every way, including watching it on TV. Will you be wearing something special so that we can pick you out? :)

Kona is full of energy! Gorgeous sky.

Wondering how Kona does when you are gone... My K does fine, even though I had much trepidation at first. But, she's always stayed with the Runner, her other human...

Two Pitties in the City said...

I'm so excited for you!! The nerves are the hardest part, but this should be so exciting. Can't wait to hear more updates.

LauraK said...

Goodness time flies! I can't believe your race is almost here- what an exciting time for you. I give you a lot of credit for doing a marathon- I wouldn't ever dream of even attempting one! Looking forward to the updates!

Diana said...

Beautiful sky pictures. It looks like you are so close to raising the money. Good luck. Diana

Unknown said...

Marathon is finally round the corner.

I'm so excited for you too. To think the nervousness is actually your excitement, your energy is stored and I'm sure you're going to enjoy this beautiful moment of your life!

Good luck!!!

Kathy Mocharnuk said...

WOW, time is flying by,.....you have to be getting so excited!!!!

mayziegal said...

WOOOOOWOOOOO! That's my "I'm ever so excited for you and I'll know you'll do grrrreat" howl! I hope you gets to your goal but you sure have done a super amazing job raising those green papers!

So I was wondering, what is Kona gonna do while you're away? She could come to my house and drink beer if she wants.

Wiggles & Wags,
mayzie

Dawn said...

You are going to have such a great time! Can't wait to hear all about it. Just RUN YOUR RACE and don't get caught up in the excitement and head out too fast at the beginning. Run the race you've trained for, concentrate on the mile you're in and don't think about how many miles you have left. Just finish the mile you're doing, and it will all get done! You go girl!!!

PS: remember to drink on the course!! And to eat whatever you're used to eating prior to and during! Don't deviate from your plan!

Unknown said...

Hi,
we came over from our friend Mayzie's blog.
Very glad to meet u. We think u are doing a wonderful job with those green papers.
Best of luck for the marathon.
And we do hope u achieve your goal:)

wags,
ginger n Buddy

rottrover said...

Hi - we came over from Mayzie's as well. I'm SHOCKED to see pictures of MY trail :-)) We must be neighbors. It's so beautiful. ssshhhhh don't tell anyone LA can be so lovely. Good luck in the marathon, and we hope to see you on the trail!!

♥♥ The OP Pack ♥♥ said...

Mayzie told us about you and Kona and your big marathon. We are very proud of you for what you are doing. Good luck and enjoy.

Woos ~ Phantom, Thunder, and Ciara

the booker man said...

hihi! i'm the booker man!
miss mayzie woofed all about you and miss kona today. i think you are doin' a most wonderful thingie by raisin' green papers and runnin' the NYC marathon! pretty please have safe travels and run like the wind!! :)

*woof*
the booker man